J went to visit some friends in Portland over the weekend, so I had the place all to myself. On Friday night I cooked myself some chicken cordon bleu, one for that night, one for Saturday, one for Sunday, and the last one today. Note to self: you may love chicken cordon bleu, but 4 of them in 5 days is a bit much. Remember that. I also rented some movies that I knew J wouldn't want to watch. Enchanted was cute and had some laughs, but the finale musical number was so sappy. I would have turned it off had that been earlier in the movie. I also like Patrick Dempsey better in Can't Buy Me Love. The Thrill of It All, starring Doris Day, was also cute and also had some laughs, but really actually pretty outdated. Doris Day's character starts out a housewife and ends up being a TV pitchwoman and her husband hates that she's more successful than him. I thought that whole premise sounded funny, since this was made in the 1960's and all, but then, in order to get his wife to quit her job, the husband pretends like he's cheating on her. She never even calls him out on it! I was peeved. I was thinking about how the movie could be updated, and I would definitely make the wife have a backbone when she thinks her husband is cheating. I would have her pack up the kids and leave and then the husband would have to eat crow and come crawling back to her and show her respect and then the hijinks could resume once more. Doris Day is just too awesome to be such a doormat.
Also, since J was gone, I took the opportunity to browse around my favorite stores. I hit 'em all up, didn't really find anything, and got very bored. Next time I'll have to bring a friend.
And then The Princess Bride was on PBS on Sunday. I cut out a sewing project. I had everything cleaned on Saturday, so I just relaxed. Although I was glad to have J home. Because the litter box stinks. And he has the Costco card. And because he's fun to be around.
-

3 comments:
I second that Enchanted was pretty sappy, but I think you can never go wrong with The Princess Bride! Sounds like you had a fun weekend!
The Princess Bride...remember when we watched that in Seminary? Oh and why would he eat crow...I'm confused.
i wish my husband took off for a weekend with the kids sometime..
ahh to watch movies and not do much else. although i do have to say that i would NOT have cooked a single thing the whole time he was gone! i would have had bowls of cereal and take out that costs too much where there are 6 of you. but to pay for just one..i might just remember being me and not just someones mom,wife, house cleaner, lunch maker.
lucky you!
Post a Comment