Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sometimes at work I have to call our subcontractors' lower-tier subs and suppliers and it can get quite tedious. Today was such a day and I was calling a supplier with the area code (570). I asked the guy where that area code was located, just out of curiosity, and he replied, "Scranton, Pennsylvania." He asked where I was from, on the west coast or the east coast, and I said the west. He said, "Well, Scranton is about an hour and a half from New York City, since most people don't know where it is." And to that I said, "Actually, I do know where Scranton, Pennsylvania is. I watch The Office." He laughed.

(edit: The reason that I think this is so funny is because if someone said, "Oh, Seattle, yeah, I know all about it. I watch Grey's Anatomy," I would think they were totally dumb and I would laugh, too.)

3 comments:

Torrie said...

that's funny
i like that main guy in the show, although i never watch it, he was really funny in Get Smart. have you seen it?

-::bee::- said...

I haven't seen Get Smart yet. I absolutely love the original TV show, and I'm afraid of being let down. But I plan on seeing it soon!

Bridgette said...

I saw Get Smart, funny but dumb is my opinion, but I also think all the Will Ferrel movies are stupid, not funny...

 
designed by suckmylolly.com