Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Sometimes I play the game of "What Was I Doing On This Day" however many years ago. Or as my dad puts it, "Did you ever think [however many years ago] that you'd be doing this on this day?" So last year at this time I had just found out I was pregnant only 2 weeks before, and I was still feeling the high of having done my part to elect President Obama.

And now a year later I have a sweet little baby girl.


She's wearing a dress that I wore when I was her age.

And after reading our president's speech he gave at Fort Hood I am reminded again why I walked the streets of Shoreline most weekends from the primary until the general election to get out the vote. (It was this quote: "We need not look to the past for greatness, because it is before our very eyes.")

Even though the spirit of Elijah has been on my mind a lot lately (turning the heart of the fathers to the children and the children to the fathers) and even though I love history, it's good to be reminded every now and then that we live in a wonderful and blessed age. That the best times are happening right now and that greatness is all around us and especially around me.

It's a wonderful time to be alive.

2 comments:

Bridgette said...

I do that same thing, think of what I was doing on a certain day, or on a certain holiday. I really wish I could come and see you guys, hopefully soon.

Janetta said...

You both look so pretty!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com