Thursday, September 17, 2009


Monday was Evey's 2 month birthday and our last appointment with the midwives. I teared up a little on the drive home because I was sad to have to close that chapter of our lives (at least until we have another kid). And then J reached over and held my hand and said, "Thanks for choosing them."


A little bit about our 2 month old: she weighs 12 lbs. 10 oz. She can hold her head steady already. She likes to stand and doesn't really care for tummy time. Her eyes are as blue as ever. She smiles and talks to us, but it's all at one time and then she's back to being serious baby. And Daddy gets way more smiles that I do. She holds onto my shirt when I hold her, which I love. She sleeps at night from 8:30 to 3, and then from 3:30 until 7, which is simply wonderful. She gets the hiccups everyday (but she had them everyday in utero as well). Which then means she has gas issues everyday (and she screams at the top of her lungs). She's a good car traveler and likes to face out when sitting in her Bjorn - it's a big, exciting world out there! And everywhere we go people stop to tell her how cute she is. So even though the cats don't give a crap about her, we decided we'll keep her around.

6 comments:

Richard said...

You were lead to choose those midwives for all the support they gave you.
They were the best for you even and especially when the delivery didn't turnout how you wanted.
It is the same result and you have a healthy baby and you are a good mom.
mom

Bridgette said...

I can't believe she is 12lbs already and I haven't even seen her yet (that makes me a little sad). I think Dad's always get more smiles from their daughters, than mom's do, because all we're here for is food :) Dad's are here to play!

Richard said...

Blue eyes??
Are you serious?
mom

Richard said...

So, so glad you added the picture.
Precious.
She is pretty in pink 'lounging'.
mom

Satoko said...

Oh...she is so cute! I think you will never stop tearing up whenever you feel like time has passed so fast and your baby is getting so big. Enjoy everyday!

Bridgette said...

I love the picture!! She looks great in pink, and probably every other color you put her in :)

 
designed by suckmylolly.com