Sunday, September 13, 2009

After a sumptuous seafood dinner we bathed and swaddled Evey and then put her to sleep in her tub (empty and dry, of course). I didn't sleep very well - why do hotels only give out 1 pillow per person? Don't they know I sleep with 4 and J sleeps with 3? Even Evey sleeps on a Boppy pillow in her crib at home.


The next morning we got up and were so excited to go to Lil' Richards House of Donuts, only to find out that they're closed on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Bummer.


So instead we went to Barbara's By the Sea for breakfast. We had dessert with our breakfast because this is Barbara's and she makes the best bread pudding in the entire world, hands down, and we were on vacation, but we would have dessert with breakfast any time we so choose, because we're the adults and we can make those decisions.


We left Westport and drove down through Astoria on our way to Garibaldi.


We stopped at the outlet stores in Seaside (but that was it - I told Evey I wished I could be introducing her to her great-grandparents and I wished that I had known them better so that I could tell her stories about them too) and in Manzanita (to show Evey where we decided to take the plunge and become parents).


(J wants me to mention that I took the above photo.)




3 comments:

Richard said...

i wanna go on a trip to the coast..............

3 pops

Jeramie Shoda said...

Thanks for the awesome time! Love you both.

Bridgette said...

You are right you can have dessert whenever you want, and you should!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com