A long time ago, when I was still pregnant (which feels like forever ago!), I was talking to my brother about what kind of diapers we planned on using - cloth vs. disposable. I had said that I would rather do cloth and just do disposable for when the baby is at daycare or when we're traveling. So my good brother signed us up for the local diaper service. They do all the washing for you, and deliver each week a fresh set of diapers. Seemed like it would be a pretty awesome thing.
One little issue: I have never folded a cloth diaper before. Neither has J.
The service delivered the diapers yesterday. I was excited - I had ordered several covers from Amazon that are super cute and I was ready to try them out. Cloth diapers have come a long way. How hard could it be?
1st try? Let's just say that my little girl baby looked like she was packing some serious junk in the front. Not cool.
2nd try? Super saggy, like she'd gone swimming.
3rd try? Evey tested the diaper this time with a blow-out. It went up her back.
4th try? Down her leg.
This all happened in the space of 2 hours. It was like she wanted to crap in every diaper they delivered for this week in just one day.
But I think I'm getting the hang of it now. She woke up this morning and everything was just where it should be - in the diaper.

4 comments:
I absolutely had to laugh out loud, a hardy laugh. Boy, have we come along way... just to go back to cloth diapers. I used to fold 13 dozen! and got pretty good with it, all without diaper service. That was 44 years ago. The good news is the diaper folding will change with her size. Way to go!!
MOM...
That is hilarious, that she was actually "trying out" the diapers. A little hint... watch how to use cloth diapers on youtube.
You're amazing. And patient. That must make you amazingly patient!
Cloth diapering is awesome!! I loved our cloth diapering journey with Seiju. He was out of diaper pretty early, and it was bitter sweet putting away his diapers.
I am excited to know that you are cloth diapering! yey! We also had diaper service for 6 months since my work bought it for us... it was nice! Are you using the Chinese Prefold? or the fancy diaper?
Post a Comment