Friday, August 14, 2009

We celebrated Evey's 1 month birthday by taking a day trip to Whidbey Island.


J held Evey in the baby carrier...

Falling Can Be Deadly [and funny!]

J took some pictures, too, of course.


I think I can safely say that I am conquering my fear of heights. I went out onto the bridge by myself. I was actually more concerned with dropping my sweater that I was holding (I tend to be pretty preoccupied with thoughts of plunging to my death). And how did I do it? I decided that I didn't want Evey to grow up with irrational fears. Recently I went out with some friends and they were all talking about what they were scared of. Most of them are absolutely petrified of spiders. Beyond petrified. So I decided that night that I would only be scared of things that are worth being scared about. Like my ankles rubbing together.


Evey is a good little car traveler so far. We're really planning on testing those limits next week with a nice long road trip down the coast.





We stopped in Coupeville (cute town!) for lunch at a place I read about in the travel newsletter that comes to my email every week. It's called Knead and Feed and it's worth the trip to Whidbey Island alone, never mind the beautiful scenery. There's only a couple tables and it's right on the waterfront. We had tasty shrimp bisque, salad, the best homemade bread, and for dessert - chocolate pecan pie and raspberry cobbler (with berries grown on the island). Yum yum.




Happy 1 month birthday little one!

5 comments:

Bridgette said...

The last picture is my favorite, Jeramie is going to get his head stuck :)

Richard said...

Yep! rubbing ankles together really is pretty scary. Wonderful post and pictures.
You are getting very good with your picture taking if I do say so myself.
Glad you all had a fun time.
Nice that Evey is such a good traveling baby.
MOM...

Janetta said...

How fun to celebrate her one month!

P.S. I never had the fear of my ankles rubbing together UNTIL you told me that story in detail. Now I almost can't sleep on my side because my ankles might touch. The other girls didn't convince me to be scared of spiders though. Maybe you should be an attorney :o)

Torrie said...

You three are way tooooo cute!
I think I slept through Trues one month birthday.

Audrey said...

So cute! Take lots and lots of pictures!! It goes by sooo fast!! That ice cream is making me hungry....

 
designed by suckmylolly.com