Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Now that I am in my 38th week of pregnancy, I have learned a couple things:

-When you call people and leave a message, say, "Hi, I'm not in labor. Can you please give me a call back regarding something that is not birth-related?" DO NOT say any of the following: "I need your help," "I'm in a pickle" (even if that's literally true), "Please call me as soon as possible," or anything of the sort. Not leaving a message is even worse. People will panic.

-3 Otter Pops will satisfy a craving much better than just 1.

-It is not possible to sleep with too many pillows on the bed. It is, however, possible to not have enough bed to accommodate all those pillows (and a husband and 2 cats).

-People aren't going to try to touch your stomach, but they are going to say, "You haven't had that baby yet?" My response? "Yes I did! But I liked feeling so round that I stuffed a basketball in my shirt."

-Swimming is absolutely awesome. You feel weightless and buoyant. Until you have to climb the ladder to get out and all of the weight comes crashing back.

-It is the best feeling when a total stranger stops you in the street to tell you that you make a beautiful pregnant lady (1 time a car actually stopped and backed up so the wife could tell me that and another was from a teenage girl who turned around while I was sitting with a friend outside). I need to remember that so I can do the same for others.

-For a girl who loves her shoes, being only able to fit into 2 pair of them is really difficult. Baby and I are going shoe shopping to make up for it later!

1 comments:

Tina said...

You haven't had that baby yet?! Seriously, what's wrong with you? ;) BTW, it's lovely getting to see you in Jeramie's pictures.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com