Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Thanks, Mom, for calling me just as President Obama was about to be sworn in so I could hear it. (She put the phone up to the TV. My video player at work had just stopped working.) What a moment in history to be a part of!

At the end of his speech, Obama quoted George Washington as saying,

"Let it be told to the future world...that in the depth of winter, when nothing but hope and virtue could survive...that the city and the country, alarmed at one common danger, came forth to meet [it]."

A return to hope and virtue. Been hearing a lot of that lately. I think it's just what we need.

4 comments:

Allie said...

If they weren't your idols before I think they are now...I just watched them dance to YOUR WEDDING SONG!

-::bee::- said...

I know! J and I were watching that and we were pretty stoked. They have good taste.

Bridgette said...

What a wonderful mommie you have!

hollyctr said...

So True I love it! What a great day it was! BTW I'm taking a history class right now, it reminds me of you. Miss you guys.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com