We started off the day with chocolate milk and cheese danishes (we considered this day our holiday vacation, so there was no need for healthy food) and drove north. All the snow had melted from the Skagit Valley, so it was all lush green, dotted with farmhouses and old barns - very Dutch looking.
When you're standing on the bridge at Deception Pass you can look out across the water and see all the way to the Pacific. Me, I am a little afraid of heights. I just like to look out at the view, holding onto the cable guardrail. J made me look over the edge. He likes see me freak out. I figured that the pregnancy would make me even more cautious than usual, to be honest, I really held my composure. Maybe I'm getting over my fear!
We drove down to the beach.
It was very bright out.
Showing off my belly.
We continued on our way down Whidbey Island, hoping to catch the Keystone ferry to Port Townsend in time for an early dinner. We missed the 3pm boat, so we decided to kill the time at Fort Casey, adjacent to the ferry terminal. At this point I was already so in love with the island, this was just consummation.
...a beautiful view...
...deer (we were using J's phone for these pictures. I love the filter he used - the pictures look 25+ years old)... ...and barracks!
Lovely, lovely barracks.
These ones have guns! They were under renovation, so we will definitely be going back to explore.
We were about to head back for the ferry when we realized that by the time it got to Port Townsend it would be dark. So we ventured back north, to Oak Harbor, to find something to eat. We ended up at this cute little Thai restaurant in the historic part of town. The crab wontons and spicy dipping sauce were sent from heaven. I ordered the Volcano Chicken dish. This came out:
It was a perfect day.

3 comments:
I don't know what I laughed more at...you looking like you had a belly or you looked at your volcano chicken...on fire. What a post. Loved it. MOM...
Volcano chicken...amazing!
HOLY SMOKES!!! I didn't know you were preggers!!!! Congrats!
Post a Comment