Friday, December 12, 2008

Over Thanksgiving weekend my poor Papa fell and hurt his arm. He tore his right bicep, so he isn't supposed to be lifting things or really using that arm.



My brother called me that Sunday night and asked if I could come over to Spokane to help put up decorations and bring some merriment (my words. I doubt my brother say, "Merriment" unless the same sentence contained the declarative, "Huzzah!"). So we arranged a flight for me for Friday night.

Side note: I picked up The Secret Life of Bees in the bookstore in the airport. Oh my goodness, that is a good book!

On Saturday my mom and I got the lights on the tree and made their whole living room look beautiful and festive.


I went to lunch with Bridgey at Schlotsky's, which is everything I dream about when I dream about barbeque chicken pizza. We went to the mall (Downeast Basics store!) and then headed over to the old Tony Roma's (now a Winger's) to see if Quinten was working. He was, and it was his birthday! (Made me feel bad - I forgot his and he remembered when mine is.) Bridgey and I went back to the mall to get him some birthday candy to leave on his car.

Side note: I used to work at Tony Roma's in high school as a hostess, busser, dishwasher, etc. and Quinten was a server. I know he liked me a lot, but we've always been really good friends. We took a Shakespeare class together at the Falls. He always brought me a present on Valentine's Day. J hung out with his sister while we were broken up (kissed her too). But Quinten is just an awesome guy.
Tangent to the side note: On September 10th, 2001, we went to the fair. He bought me a bracelet. We went back to his place and were watching movies. I ended up just staying on his couch. Tina called me the next morning to tell me to turn on the news. Quinten and I watched CNN together on the morning of September 11th.

My brother came to church with us on Sunday. We get each laughing so hard that it's probably not a good idea. Especially when a girl says that Satan was testing her by killing her father. Poor thing.

On the flight home I was the 38th person to board. When I stepped onto the plane I noticed that the aisle seat in the 1st row was empty. I asked the man next to the window if anyone was sitting there, and since there wasn't, I got the poshest seat on the plane! The flight was good - ended up sitting next a sweet older lady and we got back to SeaTac 15 minutes early. I love flying. I love the feeling when the plane accelerates and then the pressure you feel when the wheels leave the runway. And I don't get motion sickness, which I can't say for ground transportation (don't know about a train).

I am glad that I got to go and help my family out. I am glad that I have a big brother who thinks of these things. I am glad that J fixed the belts in my car while I was gone. And I am glad that he said that he missed me.

3 comments:

Janetta said...

I'm sure your family was sooooo glad to have you home!

Bridgette said...

I'm glad you got to come see your family too, because that means I get to see you. I miss you :)

Audrey said...

love the "side notes". Hope your dad gets better!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com