I love my teeth. Sure, I wish they were a little whiter, but they've served me well over the years. I never had to have braces. I hope I can pass on to my kids my good fortune (J didn't have to have braces either). I did have a cross bite and had to have an apparatus across the roof of my mouth that had a key to crank my jaw back into place. Every night my mom would lean me backwards over the bathroom counter, grab the top of my head with one hand, and try not to scrape my palate with her long fingernails as she tightened the thing. I tried one time to do it myself and swallowed the key (which thankfully was on a string). I pulled it back out of my throat and cried a little.
I didn't have any cavities until I was 16 (thanks Dr. Scalabrin for fighting to keep fluoride in the water, for your awesome bifocals with the magnifying glasses sticking out 6 inches from the frame, and for your treasure chest of toys under the instrument sanitizer!) I haven't kept track of how many cavities I've had since then. But I don't hold that against my teeth. They're still pretty great. They'll get a special treat today, for performing so well at the dentist (by the way, I love our new dentist! If you live in the area and you need a good dentist, you should check him out. His name is Dr. Co. His office gives you cookies and they have TV's in all the rooms).
I love getting my teeth cleaned, when they scrape scrape scrape, and then they polish and my teeth are so smooth. It's even better when you find out that you have NO CAVITIES! And the hygienist told the doctor that I had excellent home health care. He agreed that I have nice teeth. You go get a mammogram and hear that you have nice breasts, well, that's weird. But a dentist saying that you have nice teeth, that's pretty awesome.
-

1 comments:
i never had braces either! just born with great teeth, lucky us!
and i didn't have my first cavity till i was pregnant with shilo at 23 yrs old! i know- i rock!
and your swallowing the key thing made me gag!!!yuck!
Post a Comment