I was going to keep my political stuff on Complex Schematics for the most part, but please allow me a moment of pure partisan joy:
I was on the primary ballot in my precinct to become a PCO (Precinct Committee Officer). It's a position held in each party - basically I am the liaison between my neighborhood and the Democratic Party. I have already walked the precinct (before the primary) and I will do it again at least once before the general election, registering people to vote and reminding them to vote (as if people have forgotten this election!). I go to the party meetings and meet local elected officials and hear about ballot initiatives from the people who wrote them and we vote on everything by saying "Yea" or "Nay." Sweet!
FYI: October 4th is the deadline to update your address in case you have moved or to register in the 1st place. And if you're of voting age and haven't yet registered, do it! Being involved is awesome and it's our duty as Americans.
Anyway, yesterday the results of the primary were posted and I got to see exactly how many people in my precinct voted for me:
I was stoked! My precinct is only about 15 blocks. And guess how many my Republican counterpart received:
Woo hoo!

1 comments:
Congratulations on your win. I am sad to say that I contributed to the 25. I just didn't feel you were experienced enough, nor do I trust your spiritual leaders, and finally I think you're too risky a choice for me. Maybe if we shared the same race, I might have checked your box.
Post a Comment