Friday, September 5, 2008

I obviously was too "out there" with my previous posts about Sarah Palin. I never meant to disparage her as a woman and a mother. I merely meant to say that the blame for the media attention that her family is receiving falls squarely on her shoulders. If the Republican Party is saying one of her main qualifications to lead our nation is being a mother, then we ought to be able to ask the specifics. We would and do on her gubernatorial experience and we should question all the talking points put out by both candidates. Obama doesn't say that his experience comes from being a father, and thus it would be wrong to delve deeper into that. She shouldn't have put that out there and then not expected questions. I admire her tenacity and determination in following her dreams and "doing it all." I just don't think she's a good choice for VP, that's all. I can't relate to her and I don't trust her judgment.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone.

6 comments:

Torrie said...

i'm not offended!
loved sept.3rd post/rant
besides- isn't everyone allowed their own opinion?

Tina said...

Let me be another voice of support. I won't lie, when I read about Palin's political stances I thought she was the devil. NRA member, anti-gay rights, anti-abortion in any sense (that would include rape and incest), etc. That woman canNOT be vice president. Keep on voicing that opinion because I LOVE to hear it!

Richard said...

Sure will be glad when the election is over. I miss hearing about YOU and what you are doing, aside from your political interests which I do know are important to you. YOU are more important to me. Selfish? Yes, a little. Love you, MOM...

Allie said...

I say Ditto to Mom's comment.

Bridgette said...

I'm offended :)

Gerritt and Melissa said...

I totally love that you are so active in politics. I wish I had more time to be more active, but I probably would be flogged in the streets since my opinions are a bit different than those around here.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com