Saturday, January 9, 2010

christmas eve 2009 "in the city"

We decided to spend our Christmas Eve downtown in our beautiful city. J said I needed to bring my camera, too, and get some practice in.

We dressed Evey in probably one of the cutest things of hers that we own.

Xmas Eve in the City (Bethany)_0001

"Who you callin' 'Meat Pie?'"

Xmas Eve in the City (Bethany)_0003

J strapped her to his back as we trekked around. She was happy as a clam, just looking at her world.

Xmas Eve in the City (Bethany)_0005

J particularly liked this shot. I like it when he likes stuff that I do.

Xmas Eve in the City (Bethany)_0016

"Thar she blows!"

Xmas Eve in the City (Bethany)_0007

This tree looked just as cool during the day as it did at night all lit up.

Xmas Eve in the City (Bethany)_0038

J waited in line for the Mini Bumps ride...

Xmas Eve in the City (Bethany)_0035

only to find out he didn't meet the height requirement.

Xmas Eve in the City (Bethany)_0041

Even though it was pretty chilly, Evey kept popping her thumbs out.

Xmas Eve in the City (Bethany)_0044

I just love Christmas!

Xmas Eve in the City (Bethany)_0067

Xmas Eve in the City (Bethany)_0072

I don't know how we lucked out to have such a good little baby.

Xmas Eve in the City (Bethany)_0074

Xmas Eve in the City (Bethany)_0075

Xmas Eve in the City (Bethany)_0073

We walked down to Pike's Place Market just as the sun was setting.

Xmas Eve in the City (Bethany)_0078

My favorite artsy shot of the day.

Xmas Eve in the City (Bethany)_0087

My super hero!

Xmas Eve in the City (Bethany)_0095

Another fave artsy shot.

Xmas Eve in the City (Bethany)_0096

Xmas Eve in the City (Bethany)_0099

Xmas Eve in the City (Bethany)_0104

Yes, I really love Christmas.

Xmas Eve in the City (Bethany)_0113

And the city in which we live.

Xmas Eve in the City (Bethany)_0122

And then night fell and we headed home to wait for Santa Claus.

Xmas Eve in the City (Bethany)_0125

Xmas Eve in the City (Bethany)_0129

Xmas Eve in the City (Bethany)_0132

The end.

7 comments:

Tina said...

I'm going to echo--yay for pictures! Look at you, all artsy fartsy...

Bridgette said...

I love all the pics...I really like the second Christmas tree one. Christmas is the best time of year!

Allie said...

how about Christmas Evey 2009????

Looking forward to titles now just as much as posts... even if they are about boobs.

Jeramie Shoda said...

These are great, nice job! You make me proud.

Richard said...

Picture perfect!
Loved the idea of Christmas Eve with Evey.
mom

Tina said...

Hey, my access to gmail at work is a mass fail, but I follow this food blogger here in Sydney and her post today is one I think you can appreciate: http://www.notquitenigella.com/

If you get this in a few days, it's the one about bacon caramels. Looks sooo good...plus it's kinda fun to follow an Australian food blog. Ignore the restaurant stuff, but some of the recipes are fantastic!

summerbummer said...

seriously your baby is BEAUTIFUL and I love the pics you take... AMAZING.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com