My dad came to pick my mom up last Saturday after her 2 week stint as Evey's nanny was up. He flew in around 9:30am and J went to pick him up. He was so excited to spend a couple hours with Evey and get in as many smiles as possible. Luckily she didn't spit up all over his suit. He took my mom to the hotel so she could get ready. J and I took our time getting dressed up that day. I really let the conditioner soak in to my hair and J shaved (so you know it was special). J looked like a little boy playing dress up in his suit (why he even got that one I'll never know - it doesn't fit him at all), so he changed into different pants and a sweater. He looked so handsome. I wore my brown and white polka dot dress with my blue ring that J picked out for me in Port Townsend and Evey was in her brown corduroy jumper and the legwarmers with the stars on them. It's one of my favorite outfits of hers. We picked up my mom and dad and we were off.
I made my mom promise she wouldn't cry. I didn't want her to make a big deal out of this, but she kept saying how I was a bride again and how it was my wedding day. It was making me a little crazy. At the temple we verified all of our info and such and I wanted to tell the clerk that I had just changed my last name to include J's and how that was almost a bigger deal to me because I always knew this day would come when we would be sealed, but I never thought I'd want to change my name.
I don't remember anyone else in that sealing room. Someone asked me the next day who our sealer was. Neither of us could remember his name. The only other person that existed to me in those moments was J. And when Evey was brought in and she wrapped her little hand around my finger I thought about J and how he's mine and I'm his and she is ours and we are hers forever. Finally.
-

7 comments:
How absolutely wonderful!!! I am so happy for you. It's an amazing feeling to know that what you have is eternal. Thanks for sharing, you made my day!
It truly was a wonderful day. I had no idea I kept saying how you were a bride again. so sorry.
I think it would have been better had I just cried.
mom
There is something so special and comforting knowing that you are sealed to the ones you love and that no matter what happens here on earth you get to be together forever!! Congratulations, I'm so happy for you:o)
Congrats you guys! It is such a calming feeling to know that you have people you love so much that are yours forever. I'm so happy for you.
Like I said before-Congratulations!
B and J Shoda.
P.S. my friend here thinks your last name is cool. I told her about it.
She doesn't know what you had before. Cool for cool. I'd say it was an even trade. And at least you won't have to spell it out!
I'm so happy for you guys. I told my mom and she is happy too :) Oh and tell Evey that Gretal can't wait to meet her :)
Yippee!! Sorry this is a bit late... But congrats! That is so wonderful!! I hope you could take some pictures to remember the special day. You knew this would happen and it did! Now just keep going back- together whenever you can. Wow! That's awesome! I'm so happy for you!!!
Post a Comment