Tuesday, September 22, 2009

We have a window next to our front door that we leave open all day for the cats. We put up a shelf underneath it and they can hop in and out to their hearts' content. I think it has helped them adjust to Evey since they can go outside and roll around in the dirt and hide under the ferns when she's fussing.


We have caught a neighborhood cat inside our apartment a couple times, eating the cat food. Hey, as long as he doesn't bring in fleas, spray the furniture, poop on the carpet, scratch me, get his gross orange hair on everything, pick a fight with Frankie or try to make love to Fiona, then...well, actually I just want him to stay the hell out. But it's not just other cats we have to worry about. A couple days ago J went downstairs and came around the corner just in time to see a squirrel jump out the window and run away. Oh jeez.

3 comments:

Richard said...

Guess word got out where free food was!
I always knew things could be a bit squirrely at your place!
What next?
pc

Bridgette said...

I'm with your mom...maybe next time I will come in through the window and jump out and scare you when you walk around the corner :)

emilybolles said...

That is so funny! We used to keep a window open for our cats and they would bring in mice and rats... sometimes still alive! I would much prefer a cute little squirrel!

 
designed by suckmylolly.com