Just kidding - apparently I'm not overdue. At our appointment last night with the midwives we were told that I can't call myself that until I'm 10 days past the due date.
And the predictions keep rolling in - I'm out because I thought July 2nd. J is out because he thought July 6th (which would have been nice, since that is Tina's birthday!). My brother thinks today, because of the full moon. The lady at the post office thinks it'll happen on the 8th. My dad thinks literally any minute and oh my goodness, is there gas in the car??? I think he's going to give himself an ulcer. The midwives say whenever the baby is ready. They are so laid-back that it's easy to feel relaxed and trusting about the whole thing. So no more predictions out of me.

4 comments:
We ARE trying to be patient here. I've never done so many little projects just to keep busy!
Michelle said it best when she was surprised I was making a slow cooker meal and Jello not knowing for sure we would be here to eat it!
So, we wait and look forward to your call and keep gas in the car!
MOM...
Well, I was wondering how things were progressing... Just think, one more day of her not being exposed to germs. Or one more day of just Jeremie and you. Or one more day to do something without someone hanging on you or saying mommy, mommy (yes, it's fun of course, but it can get to you after a while). You'll be a great momma and I'm excited for you! I'll keep watching and waiting along with the rest of the fam...
Here's my prediction... Sept 18th, how cool would that be :) Just kidding, my real prediction is July 10th, because it's a Friday and that would work out great for you guys :)
Got lots of details from mom...wow! What a day! She really was bigger than a watermelon, too! That is so great though-such a good size to start life off!
Congratulations!
Good luck with the next few days. You might not have earned your badge of honor the way you wanted, but believe me, when they tell you to sit up and walk...well that is something only those in the c-section club can understand. Not every women cares for a newborn with her stomach muscles cut in half! Doing that is it's own badge of honor and you can wear it proudly!
Can't wait to see pictures!
P.S. Stay on top of the pain. You will heal so much faster and will feel so much better! And rest!!!!!
Post a Comment