Wedding Rings, originally uploaded by q.bethel82.
I had to go buy a new wedding ring over the weekend. Needed a bigger size, and I was afraid that my regular one would have to be cut off if I waited too long.
When J and I were planning our wedding and we were trying to figure out locations and flowers and clothes and all that stuff, I at least knew what I wanted for my wedding ring. It was the band from my mother's wedding set from 1963 (she got a new ring when they moved away from Alaska).
There's not much to it - just a white gold band with "a couple chips of diamond in there," as she put it. But it symbolizes so much more, and I was honored that it could become my wedding ring 41 years later.
My parents celebrated their 46th anniversary on Sunday. I couldn't wear my old ring, but it's funny - not wearing it has made me more conscious of it than ever.
I had to go buy a new wedding ring over the weekend. Needed a bigger size, and I was afraid that my regular one would have to be cut off if I waited too long.
When J and I were planning our wedding and we were trying to figure out locations and flowers and clothes and all that stuff, I at least knew what I wanted for my wedding ring. It was the band from my mother's wedding set from 1963 (she got a new ring when they moved away from Alaska).
There's not much to it - just a white gold band with "a couple chips of diamond in there," as she put it. But it symbolizes so much more, and I was honored that it could become my wedding ring 41 years later.
My parents celebrated their 46th anniversary on Sunday. I couldn't wear my old ring, but it's funny - not wearing it has made me more conscious of it than ever.


3 comments:
The rings look beautiful together. The "old" on top looks exactly as I remember it.
Thank you for taking good care of it and treasuring it as it should be.
It was a honor for me to give it to you.
Loves,
MOM...
The cool thing now is that you can give it to your daughter when she gets married...I hope I can do the same :)
Thanks Mom! You saved me the 25 cents from the ring dispense at the grocery store.
Post a Comment