Tuesday, April 21, 2009

We love Craigslist. We have used it for:

-every single one of my apartments in Seattle (that would be 5 - 2 when I was single and 3 with J)
-my current job (answered an ad for a temp agency)
-a couple of J's jobs (at least the label company was found there, maybe the bank one too - can't remember)
-our 2 cars that we now own, as well as buying and selling the Explorer there
-J has sold countless music equipment and video games and CD's
-our glass coffee tables and end tables (the sale almost didn't go through, until J saw that the buyer's email was from the same company that one of our friends works at. When he mentioned that, the buyer said that he was a nice guy and that the least she could do was come out and look at the tables. She bought them that night. Thanks, Andrew, for being a nice guy!)
-sold our black behemoth entertainment center and found a more subtle, light-colored one
-sold the big ol' TV that sat in the black behemoth entertainment center

And so much more!

But...I am super excited about my latest finds on Craigslist. Baby stuff is so needlessly expensive, so we've been checking out used stuff before we go buy new. I found this crib and brand new, still-in-plastic mattress, for the price of just the mattress alone in the stores.


And all of those clothes covering it? (It looks like a clothes fairy threw up in there.) 40 items for $30 - lots of onesies, sleepers, hats, and a couple really cute dresses. A deal too good to pass up, and I even got to sort through the bags that the lady was selling and pick out the best ones. They're all 0-3 months, so I am set for that age. My favorites are the purple corduroy dress that will look so cute with the white cardigan that my parents gave her, the pink romper with the stars on the toes (twinkle toes!), and the hat with the bunny embroidered on it.

So thank you, Craig, for creating such a wonderful website, and I've got a lead on an Audi that's in great condition, if you're looking...

5 comments:

3 said...

You go. Being thrifty and being able to spot a deal are just a few of your great qualities.

I am super impressed. MOM...

Bridgette said...

Craig's list is not that great here is Spokane, but hopefully in Salt Lake (yes John got the job and we're moving there) it will be better.
Your selling the Audi??

Jeramie Shoda said...

Hi I am Jeramie, I am a Craigslist addict. And yes, unfortunately I am sacrificing the Audi to please the Baby Gods.

Janetta said...

I think you guys are amazing with that good old CList. That's so funny that Tara (A's coworker) found you guys that way! And Jeramie, I'm sure you made the art for your profile picture...love it!

And Bridgette, (I feel like I know you already because of the comments I've read of yours here :o), Bee gave me your cell number and I will give you a call about the baby shower. Thanks for wanting to help out! I'm looking forward to meeting you.

emilybolles said...

I totally agree! We got Johnny's crib and tons of clothes off craigslist. We totally had to splurg on new crib bedding though Babies R Us has the cutest stuff. There is a twin sale on Sat. May 2 in Lake Forest Park area. If your interested let me know and I'll find out the details. Bree, Melissa and I went to the last one and it was great tons of stuff for real cheap.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com