I can't stop laughing about this whole "Tea Party" thing. I laugh because they're protesting the possibility of new taxes and a high deficit (unless all of those people make over $250,000, then they got a tax cut. I know it wasn't just me who got one because I voted for Obama. And they can thank Bush for turning a surplus into a deficit). Or the tax code (which is pretty awful, but everyone agrees on that. Everyone but those that know how to cheat it). Or they want Obama to show his birth certificate (which he has). Or they want looser gun laws (because America's murder rate being highest among industrialized nations isn't good enough?). Or, I don't know. Hey, I protested the Iraq War, I marched downtown with 50,000 other people (and millions around the world) in February of 2003; I get the feeling that you want your voice to be heard. Where were these people for that possibility (which quickly became a deadly reality)? But what really makes me laugh is when I see people with teabags hanging off their sunglasses or people with teabag hats. If they only knew what a joke they were...
Look here, here, and especially here, if you don't what it means to teabag someone. It's dirty, but you've been warned.
| The Daily Show With Jon Stewart | M - Th 11p / 10c | |||
| Tea Party Tyranny | ||||
| ||||
In reality, these protests have brought out the fringe groups and the far right fringes are downright terrifying. Leftie wingnuts protest for peace; rightie wingnuts shout out that they want to secede (looking at you, Governor of Texas) and form vigilante groups. I mean, Democrats get in heated debates about how best to provide healthcare to everyone, how to keep our planet healthy, and how to make education accessible to all, and Republicans in ways to prevent those things from happening. When the reasonable ones offend Rush Limbaugh, they actually grovel to apologize to him. Of all people! I guess some people like hellfire and brimstone talk. They don't like peace, love, and understanding.
And really, what's so funny 'bout that?

3 comments:
I didn't think it was JUST the tax issue but a way of using our freedoms to speak out. I like peace and understanding too so l guess I am not on a fringe! MOM....
No, you're not on the fringe - just don't say anything about teabagging anyone.
You are a good filter for me. I didn't have to go to those sites. MOM...
Post a Comment