Monday, February 2, 2009

We have officially moved! We finished up all of the carpet shampooing and cleaning last night in the old apartment and now have to tackle the mounds of boxes in the new one.

As someone who helped us out on Friday night said, "This has been a really rough move."

I am/have been nervous about:
a) leaving our ward; leaving our stake even! {I'm okay now, but I will really miss my YW}
b) exerting myself too much and putting the baby in danger {I think I was pretty good, but we'll see at the ultrasound next week}
c) getting put on bed rest {still afraid of that}
d) paying more for rent, even as J's hours are being cut back at work {Grocery Game, here I come!}
e) J's hours being cut back at work {yikes}
f) the possibility of J getting laid off {double yikes}
g) if it was going to rain while we moved {no rain, no snow, no earthquakes; just cold}
h) nobody showing up to help us move and then all of that pizza going to waste {ended up turning out just fine [one of my biggest fears is to throw a party, buy all kinds of food, decorate, and then no one comes. Nothing makes me sadder than the idea of someone being alone, surrounded by party food]. After making some phone calls, enough guys showed up on Friday night and even a couple on Saturday to help with the 2nd load}
i) if the moving truck was going to break down {1st one had the "check engine" light come on, and then wouldn't go in reverse [I saw that they rented it out to someone else], but I was able to get another truck, the oldest clunker on the lot}
j) eating so much fast food, rather than being able to cook for ourselves {maybe tonight we'll cook, if I can find the frying pan}
k) taking our new neighbors' deck out with the moving truck {didn't actually take it out. Just dented the top of our truck [but since it was so old, Uhaul didn't even notice/care!]}
l) the safety of our moving helpers, climbing on top of the truck to lift the couch above our deck railing and move it through the sliding door {this is what a free couch will get you - 2 holes in the wall & me worried that someone would get crushed by couch falling 11 feet off the truck. It's in now, and it's not going anywhere}
m) hoping that we don't actually live in a bad neighborhood {why do we have 24 hour surveillance cameras? Did they catch us ramming into the deck??}
n) how I was going to dry my hair the morning before our last Sunday in LFP when I can't find my hair dryer {solution: lay down in front of the forced air heater vent, turned to high}
o) worrying that with so much going on, I need to figure out how to just take one thing at a time.

8 comments:

Allie said...

Sounds intense.

Hoping for the best outcomes for all your other worries!

emilybolles said...

I am so sad I missed seeing you on your last Sunday:0( But trust me everyone should be glad I wasn't there... I caught the worst case of the stomach flu from Johnny! YUCK. It was so fun working with you in YW. I wish you the best and we can definitly keep in touch through the blogging world. I want to see a lot of pictures of your little one come July:0)

3 said...

Thanks for staying in touch with phone calls. Dad and I were worried too and wished we were there to help. Take it easy now. MOM...

Audrey said...

oh, I miss you already being so far away in Lynnwood (ha ha). I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to talk on Sunday- I had 4 kids in tow and no husband. Sounds like things are working out. So, when's our first party?
P.S. we need to chat sometime soon...

Paige said...

You'll be missed around here, even though you're not that far away. Stay healthy and happy!

Bridgette said...

WOW. We would have came over to help if you guys needed us to. You can always call if you need anything but you already know that. And remember all you need is LOVE!

Tina said...

Dude, where did you move? And will you please send me belly pictures? And will you PLEASE wear a bikini when you're a million months pregnant? I think a pregnant lady letting her big belly hang out in a bikini is one of the best things. :)

rcreagh said...

Love the "fruit of the womb" visual;

Will see for myself in a few weeks when we come over to check out new apt and your set up.......

but do like to think baby in belly can stay undercover.

Just a personal issue!!

Loves, MOM...

 
designed by suckmylolly.com