Monday, February 9, 2009

Okay, as soon as I find the cord for the camera to get pictures off of it I will put up pictures of: my super fun trip to Dallas, our new place, and my belly (though not in a bikini as Tina wants. It should probably get a little bigger 1st. And it snowed today).

Highlights of this weekend included a most delicious lunch buffet at Cafe India, my favorite restaurant. I could eat pakoras and malai kofta and korma until all my buttons popped off my pants and the chair busted out underneath me like on that commercial.

We also had our 1st Sunday in the new ward. The infamous ward that had 20+ babies born last year. Blurg. When we got there something seemed off about the chapel. It was absolutely tiny and absolutely packed to the gills. Apparently at the beginning of this year the bishop decided to keep the overflow closed off, to keep people from just filling up the back rows. Unfortunately this meant that the foyers had about 20 people milling around in them. We found a seat inside (of course we were late - this is me we're talking about here), with everyone staring as we walked in. I should have worn something sparkly. Sacrament was kindof weird - testimony meeting - but we liked the Sunday School teacher and the RS president & the EQ presidents are really cool people. So my 1st impression is that it seems like a dandy ward. When they introduced me in RS and said that I was due on July 4th, they all just laughed and laughed. Said, "You'll fit right in here!" But with so many people with kids it will be harder to make friends, so I'm glad that I'm still close to our old ward.

I signed up for these pregnancy e-mails that come every week and tell me that the weird pain I feel when I get up too fast is normal and that I shouldn't be eating soft cheeses (booooo!). It also tells me what the baby looks like, using fruits and vegetables as guides. I've been getting such a kick out of that - it went from a lemon at 14 weeks, to an apple, to an avocado, to a turnip, to a bell pepper, and now to an heirloom tomato at 19 weeks. My mom likes to ask how the little [insert produce] is doing. So I asked a little widget on the side over there>>> to keep track of it. If it ever gets to state fair-sized pumpkin, then we have cause for concern.

2 comments:

Allie said...

I just read Jermie's blog.

How cute are the two of you?????

I tried to leave that comment on his but the comment thing got all weird.

3 said...

Your new ward is LF wards loss for sure. I know the both of you will fit in just fine.

We'll all go to Cafe India when we are there and Dad and I will go to your new ward to scope them out in a few weeks!!

I'll give them all the stink eye if they aren't nice. MOM...

 
designed by suckmylolly.com