
me on my 20th birthday
Today I turn 26.
I have received several wonderful gifts already, and I'm looking forward to a couple more.
One is that today is a snow day! No work for me or J. PJ's all day. Breakfast in bed. Lunch in bed, too, if I wanted. That's what snow days are all about.

Another is the birthday calls (and the singing) from my mom, Bridgey, and my brother (he didn't sing). It's nice to be remembered.
Tonight I invited a couple friends over to feast on arguably the best part of my birthday for at least the last 10 years - Mexican Condiment Soup. For each of us kids our mom would let us pick whatever we wanted for our special birthday dinner. Back in late elementary and junior high it was steak, shrimp, and salad with bleu cheese dressing. I don't remember the 1st year I switched over to Mexican Condiment Soup, but I found this picture of my 17th birthday which shows the remains of a soup feast in front of me.

My big birthday present is a night in the Arctic Club Hotel downtown on Friday. We're going to have the car valet parked and eat at the restaurant downstairs and enjoy all the Christmas sights.
And oh yeah, did I mention we're having a baby? Happy Birthday to me!

10 comments:
happy birthday mushy. I said it on the other one but not sure if you'll see it in time. as well as your gift.
and what a fun way to slide in your news.
happy birthday!
happy birthday to you - and happy snow day too. I am glad you like the soup, i wish we were there to share with you. i hope the baby likes the soup too.
3-pops
Happy Birthday! ..and congratulations!!!! You are the smartest girl in the world to get out and have some fun with your hubby before the little one arrives :0)
Yay--We are so excited about your and J's big news! Have fun living the high life tonight!
WHAT??????
WHAT???????
No freaking way!!!!!!!
That is the coolest present of all!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When does that make you due?
Happy happy birthday!
p.s- i hear the artic is way cool!
Enjoy!
I hope you had fun at the Arctic! I love the way you slipped in your news...you so silly!
Well, Happy Birthday! I really need to increase my memory for birthdays. Yeah for 26! Still young and beautiful. Wait, you'll always be young and beautiful! Welcome to the world of babies! YIPPEE!!!! I get first dibs on your baby shower. :) You should have told me on the phone Monday night- silly girl... I hope you're not too sick! You will be the cutest prego lady ever. You better start taking profile shots...
Okay, how 'bout I stop typing and I'll talk to you in person. :) YEAH!!!!
congrats on your happy news!
and happy birthday!
how did you like the arctic?
we love...
You are having a baby??
What is sooooo wonderful!!!!
yey!
And happy birthday!
oh I miss you guys! I'm sad I will miss the infamous shower. What theme's we could come up with! hehehe
Post a Comment