Friday, October 17, 2008

J is starting a new job today. He used to work at WaMu, but they got bought out and, although he worked with some really nice people, some of them were just awful (I met them - awful). He looked around on Craigslist (actually, I did for him) and he found a job downtown at an architecture firm. Front desk, afternoons, just what he was looking for. He updated his resume and we made sure to pray about it and all that. But in updating his resume he realized he needed another reference. He asked the Elders Quorum president (J is the secretary) (I gotta make sure I don't embarrass J - sometimes the EQ president's wife reads my blog (Hi!)). They get along really well and they have a similar style and way of doing things. EQ wrote J back that he'd be happy to be a reference, and wanted to know what kind of work he was looking for. After an exchange of e-mails about J needing mornings to go to school and his eventual goal of going to UW and becoming an architect or a project manager, EQ offered J a job at his company (hotels - he does the construction side). He's getting more per hour and working more hours there than he had at WaMu. I cautioned J, considering they'll be working together at church and during the week, but I have the utmost confidence in J's professionalism and work ethic (remember, I've worked for him twice before).

It's just so amazing how things can work out. We're saving up for a couple major things, and with the economy the way it is, we're probably going to have to pay cash for J's tuition from now on. We feel so blessed to know people and have friends in the church, and for its constant presence in our lives. We have had so many good things happen to us. This is what happens when you pay tithing!

4 comments:

Paige said...

Great story. That EQ is a great guy.

I enjoyed your talk, you did a great job and I'll bet it is less than 3 years before you speak again!

kelly said...

hi! to you too!
r is excited to work with j.

and i loved your talk as well!

Bridgette said...

You gave a talk at church huh...Was it on tithing?? Just a guess since your blog kind of talked about it :)

-::bee::- said...

Actually, it was on living the standards by realizing our divine nature.

 
designed by suckmylolly.com