Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I have a routine when I come to work in the morning.

1. I hurry as fast as I can to turn on my computer, the copier, and the lights, open the blinds, check messages, and put my lunch in the fridge. I gotta be fast, because that way if someone comes in, it looks like I've been there for awhile.
2. I log in to Pandora Radio and my e-mail.
3. I check the news (here, too). Hmm, this shows my priorities, doesn't it? Oops. If it's a Thursday, I indulge in my not-so-guilty pleasure - Dear Prudence (I love reading advice columns, even if they are about problems that I don't have. I've read Ann Landers in the paper since I was a kid.)
4. I read the faxes that have come in overnight and forward them to the correct people. If it's Monday I will print off the time cards before I read the news, so I'm not a total slacker. On Mondays at least.
5. I will check my blog if I posted recently to see if anyone left me a comment.
6. I will address my inbox and start processing the outgoing mail.

At this point my coworkers have arrived and the phone will be ringing and I have more substantial work to do. (And I promise I actually do work at my job!)

This morning I was reading a movie review when the phone rang. The guy asked for one of my coworkers who wasn't there and I said, "I'm sorry, he's not in the movie. Can I put you into his voicemail?" He was silent, so I just started laughing and dumped him into voicemail. Maybe multitasking isn't my thing.

2 comments:

emilybolles said...

thanks again for the cute cactus and the card. You and your kitties are so sweet!

Torrie said...

hey- you check your comments just like i check mine!
so post a comment you sneaky blog reader! :)

 
designed by suckmylolly.com