I have crossed the threshold and am now solidly on my way to becoming the 1950's housewife that I've always dreamed about. I love the 1950's (minus the racism, the sexism, the communist witch hunts, the rampant suburbanization - I hate those things). I guess I love the idealized, utopian version of the 1950's in my mind. I like the clothes, the music, the cars, the newness of technology, the hope and optimism and relief that comes after a war has ended. I like that people were still making stuff from scratch. That's a bygone talent, I think. And so, last night, I made strawberry jam. It's my little way of keeping some traditions alive. Haven't tasted the finished version yet, but I licked the spoon and it was good, and it set up the way it should, and the pop tops on the jar lids have stayed down like they should, so I'm excited. Now I just need to make some bread to go with it! And maybe some butter, too. And then I'll make my own soap.
-

2 comments:
Instead of going to my grandmas house I'm going to go to your house for homemade bread, butter and jam :)
You are so stinkin cute! Good luck on the soap!
Post a Comment