Thursday, June 12, 2008

First I'll start off by saying that J is an amazing artist. Even just his handwriting is artistic. This is a picture he made for me for my 24th birthday:


Look at the folds in her coat! We have this picture up in our living room, and J has some canvasses to make some more original stuff to put up. He's really good with graphite and acrylic paint and doing collages, and even Sharpies and ball-point pens. We have 3 square frames lined up next to one of our bookcases and I thought it would be cool to put some art in them, too. So when they advertised a watercolor class at church, I signed up with the hope that I would find I had a super secret super awesome talent and I could have something up on the walls as well (not that I would try to compete with J, because I could never be at his level. But watercolor is a whole different genre and way more abstract. I can do abstract!). So...here is my 1st painting:


I had a lot of fun messing around with the different techniques and colors and I think I'm showing some promise, if I do say so myself! This is hanging proudly on the fridge, but I think I'll take it in a different direction for the 3 frames - maybe Jackson Pollack meets Georgia O'Keefe?

3 comments:

Bridgette said...

Beautiful! J is a great artist! I can't believe how detailed that picture (J's picture) is. Well...I guess your picture is a little detailed too.

Richard said...

I'm glad you took the class if for no other reason it gives you another venue to color outside the lines. You go. MOM...

Audrey said...

Two wonderful and different styles. Have you added your newest painting to the fridge?

 
designed by suckmylolly.com