Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Last night was Enrichment Night - tying fleece blankets for the children at the orphanage in Russia that a friend of mine works at and a cookie contest. I made Magic Cookie Bars, of course, but if I wanted to win, I should have made something else. Our bishop is always going on about Mint Brownies. He wants us to make them for fundraisers or just because - he just wants his brownies. Our YW president and I joke about this sometimes. When we saw that for this cookie contest the bishopric would be judging, I said to her, "If you really want to win, you know what you should make." But we figured that would be too easy, knowing our bishop's partiality. I am also friends with the bishop's daughter, and I told her about our joke with the brownies. She just laughed and said she might try out some recipes and let me know which ones were the best (so I could win the competition). Well, neither the president nor I made Mint Brownies. Guess who did. Guess who won. Isn't this nepotism?

3 comments:

Bridgette said...

Great Blog today...now I want some brownies but without mint and with pecans or walnuts and maybe some fudge and caramel. Add some peanut butter and those would be the best brownies ever!

Richard said...

It may truly be neoptism but a great blog and thanks for the BYU Brownie recipe too!! You are too fun, MOM...

rcreagh said...

Yes I know all about a Bishop's daughter. Oh wait, I think Bethany knows about a Bishop's daughter doesn't she!

pops

 
designed by suckmylolly.com