When I was thinking about what I could call this blog, I really couldn't think of anything. J is better at thinking of catchy things like that - whenever he would write me letters when I was at UW and he was in Missoula, he would sign his name all these different, funny ways - like Jerminator and Jerannosaurus Rex. But then I heard this song on The Music of Your Life, AM 880. "La Vie en Rose" is a French song by Edith Piaf. This translation was written by Mack David and Edith Piaf used it when she recorded the English version of "La Vie en Rose" in 1950. Here are the lyrics:
Hold me close and hold me fast
The magic spell you cast
This is la vie en rose
When you kiss me, Heaven sighs
And though I close my eyes
I see la vie en rose
When you press me to your heart
I'm in a world apart
A world where roses bloom
And when you speak
Angels sing from above
Every day words
Seem to turn into love songs
Give your heart and soul to me
And life will always be
La vie en rose
And it goes on in a similar mushy fashion. But hey, if there were ever two words to describe me, they would be quixotic and sanguine (the 1st definition. I'm not bloodthirsty). And Mushy is my nickname...
-

4 comments:
It's fun to see what you can learn about someone through a blog. Good job for starting one. Thanks for the links to the dictionary too. Those must have been from your "word of the day" emails....
Yay, bethany, I can't wait to read your blog posts, I know they will bring a smile to my face. Love ya!
I thought your nickname was Bridgethany :) I love the blog.
And sometimes Mush-Toosh.
Post a Comment